The Dolgeville-Manheim Historical Society has many varying historical collections to view and is also available to assist you in research and fact finding. Please note our hours or contact us to schedule a tour.
Currently on exhibit:
- A Variety of Alfred Dolge Memorabilia
- Extensive Daniel Green Shoe Company History
- Local Veterans Showcase
- Bramback Piano, made in Dolgeville
- Estey Organ from the Old Yellow Church
- Local Recipes exhibit
- Dolgeville Fire Department: 127 Years of Fire Protection
- Dolgeville Central School yearbooks and memorabilia
- Various local historical buildings exhibits
The Dolgeville-Manheim Historical Society was founded in 1976 as a non-profit service organization whose sole purpose is to promote an awareness of the area’s historical heritage. This Historical Society is the agency through which Dolgeville and Manheim memorabilia may be collected, recorded and preserved. The museum provides the focal point from which these educational services will be accomplished.
The Dolgeville-Manheim Historical Society was founded in 1976 and the Absolute Charter was granted by New York State on December 14, 1979. In 1991 the Alfred Dolge Hose Co. No. 1 fire station was leased to D.M.H.S. by the Village of Dolgeville for the purpose of establishing a museum, a place to preserve and exhibit artifacts and memorabilia of/from the village and Town of Manheim, N.Y. The museum building was placed on the New York State and U.S. National Registry of Historic Places, August 16, 1994.