Oriskany Museum

  • Address

    420 Utica Street
    (PO Box 284)
    Oriskany, New York 13424


    The Oriskany Museum is located in Trinkaus Park in Oriskany, NY. Also featured in the park is the USS Oriskany Anchor Memorial and an A-4E Skyhawk jet.

  • Hours of Operation

    The museum is currently open by appointment; the park and memorial are open daily from dawn until dusk.

  • Admission

    Our museum is free and open to the public. We are currently booking private tours. Occupancy is limited to 12 people. Masks and social distancing are required by state and county ordinance.

  • Weather


Oriskany Museum

The Oriskany Museum is located in Oriskany, New York between the cities of Utica and Rome in Upstate New York.

Our collection honors the history of our village, the Battle of Oriskany, and the USS Oriskany CV/CVA-34.

Village of Oriskany

The Village of Oriska was founded by the Oneida in the eighteenth century. During the nineteenth century, it became a manufacturing hub for woolens and other finished goods along the Erie Canal. Today, about 500 households call Oriskany home.

Battle of Oriskany

The Battle of Oriskany has been called the “bloodiest battle of the Revolution.” Patriot forces composed of local patriots, militia and Oneida allies were ambushed by British forces and allies on August 6, 1777. Despite heavy casualties, the Patriots held the field. Today, the Oriskany Battlefield is a NY State Park & Historic Site.

USS Oriskany

The aircraft carrier USS Oriskany CV-CVA 34 was originally built for service in World War II. Although launched in the Spring of 1945, the ship wasn’t commissioned until 1950 for the Korean War. Oriskany saw service again during the Vietnam War and was decommissioned for the last time in 1976. In 2006, the vessel became an artificial reef off the coast of Pensacola, FL.

Suggest a museum or gallery

Table of Contents

Photo Gallery