Tag Archive for: Little Falls Historical Society Museum updates

1824 BELLINGER HOME, Little Falls, NY

Little Falls Patriots Day Program this Saturday, May 18 2024

The Little Falls Historical Society honors Patriots Day by hosting a full program at a historical site from the Revolutionary War eras.

Donal Hurley and his Little Falls Diamond Collection.

On MAY 9, 1892 in the “The Jewelers Weekly”

On MAY 9, 1892, “The Jewelers Weekly” mentioned J. H. H. Vosburgh’s remarkable collection of quartz crystals.

Thomas Burh Home | The Knights of Columbus | 690 East Main Street, Little Falls, New York.

From the Cooney Archives: On May 2, 1897, The Knights of Columbus Council was organized in Little Falls

On May 2, 1897, a council of the Knights of Columbus was organized in the old Gymnasium Hall in the McCauley Building in Little Falls.

1824 BELLINGER HOME, Little Falls, NY

2024 PATRIOTS DAY EVENT AT 1824 BELLINGER HOME

The Little Falls Historical Society will co-host a Saturday, May 18, Patriots Day observance program beginning at 11 a.m.

National Historic Marker Day

View the Little Falls Historical Society’s list of historic markers that preserve the city’s history for future generations.

On APRIL 18, 1876, Dudley Burwell died at his home in what is now Moreland Park.

Prominent Little Falls attorney and one-time member of the state legislature, died at his home in what is now Moreland Park.

The Railway Express Agency and Pigeon Releasing

Sometimes all it takes is a picture or a story to generate a Historical Society writing series piece. Such is the case with this article.

Little Falls Historical Society Museum: This Day in History on April 6, 1903

Louis Ransom, a native of Little Falls, invented the steam street car in 1877, which was the precursor to the electric trolley.

Mohawk Valley history: March 23, 1909, Little Falls, NY

March 23, 1909: “Busy Times Down the Valley in Digging the Big Canal. The barge canal zone in this city will be a busy place this summer…”

A Sailor at Heart | The Life Story of Charles P. Byron

The prelude to the life story of Charles P. Byron begins as one walks through the entrance of the Old St. Mary’s Cemetery.