New Community Walk Showcasing Gloversville’s History and DRI Projects Slated for June 17 and 18th
GLOVERSVILLE, NY – Mayor Vincent DeSantis is pleased to announce the City of Gloversville will be participating in the NYS Path Through History Weekend, scheduled for June 17 and 18, by hosting a Community Walk that will highlight both historic buildings and those being transformed through the $10 Million Downtown Revitalization Initiative Grant.
Community Walk Tours at 11am and 2:30pm on June 17-18
Community Walk tours will be held at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on both days, Saturday and Sunday, June 17 and 18, and will last about 60 to 90 minutes. Participants are asked to register as the tours will be limited to 25 individuals. To register, visit https://www.jotform.com/downtowngloversville/register or call (518) 725-7700 ext. 4. Participants will meet at the Gloversville Water Department
Historic Walk Tour includes buildings and properties part of Gloversville’s Downtown Revitalization Initiative
Mayor DeSantis noted that four of the buildings and properties on the current Historic Walk are also on the DRI list. Other historical stops on the walk are very close to DRI projects. This Community Walk will remind people of the rich history Gloversville has and will show off where the transformative projects in the DRI will be located.
This is a walking tour, so participants are encouraged to be dressed in comfortable clothing and good footwear. If severe weather is expected, the tour will be cancelled, and participants will be notified via phone and email.
Tour stops include:
- Glove City Brewing, 64 S. Main St. (DRI)
- Palace Diner, 62 S. Main St. (Historical)
- Former Kingsborough Hotel, 34 S. Main St. (Historical)
- Creating a Downtown Piazza, 12-18 S. Main St. (DRI)
- 4 Corners, 2 S. Main St. (Historical)
- Trail Station Park, West Fulton Street (DRI, Historical)
- Glove City Lofts, 52 Church St. (DRI & mention improving streetscapes & connectivity)
- Bleecker Street Square, estimated 33 Bleecker St. (Historical)
- St. Thomas Square (DRI), Elm Street/ Farmer’s Market Pavilion
- Former Gloversville High School/Estee Park, 90 N. Main St.(Historical)
- Former City Hall, 44 N. Main St. (DRI, Historical)
- Glove Theatre, 42 N. Main St. (DRI, Historical) with a mention of Carriage House across the street (DRI)
- Schine Memorial Hall, 40 N. Main St. (DRI, Historical)